Our class action lawyers are committed to helping clients gain access to justice. We have an exceptional team of class action professionals.
Many of our clients have sustained physical or economic injury. As an individual, it may be difficult to get compensation for your losses. Powerful organizations know this. Oftentimes it is only by joining together similarly situated claims that an action can succeed.
That's where we come in.
An Even Playing Field
We don't want powerful organizations to escape accountability simply because going to court is costly for individual victims. Class actions put individuals on an even playing field, help victims get compensation, and discourage corporations from future wrongdoing.
Once a court has certified a class action, everyone who meets the "class definition" is automatically considered part of the class, unless they opt out. To receive information about the case, you will be asked to provide your contact information to the class action lawyers. All class members will be bound by any judgment unless they have opted out. At Rochon Genova, we also keep members of the public informed about current lawsuits through our website.
Class members do not have to pay out-of-pocket legal fees. These fees are usually collected as a percentage of any successful settlement or judgment.
Our lawyers handle a variety of cases, including those involving:
- Product liability for defective or ineffective products
- Defective medical devices, which can cause serious physical injury in the very patients they are supposed to help
- Defective medication, including dangerous drugs and drugs that are ineffective
- Consumer class actions, in which products do not deliver what customers have paid for
- Telecommunications and social media cases involving consumer and privacy issues against telecommunication corporations
- Price fixing, for victims of pricing arrangements by corporations or groups that artificially increase prices for certain goods
- Privacy, for deliberate or inadvertent disclosure of personal information and other security breaches
- Hospital and nursing home outbreaks, in which institutions endanger the already fragile health of their patients
- Mass torts, disasters and crashes such as train derailments and other accidents or disasters with multiple victims
- Securities litigation, including liability for nondisclosure of material information by public issuers of securities
- Institutional abuse, representing individuals against institutions such as residential schools or psychiatric hospitals
- Aviation law involving airplane crashes as well as consumer issues
Our lawyers have the experience, ability and resources required to effectively pursue justice.
Contact Rochon Genova LLP
If you have been harmed by the actions of a corporation or organization and believe there may be others in the same situation, call Rochon Genova at 416-548-9874 or send us an email to set up a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, and across Canada.