Broadly speaking, product liability class action suits seek compensation for people harmed by the design, manufacture or sale of defective products.
Many types of products can be the subject of a product liability claim. Some of the more popular products give rise to cases in which defective medical devices, pharmaceuticals, motor vehicles, foods and beverages, beauty and cosmetics products, construction materials, and many others, cause harm.
Whether the defective devices lead to personal injury, wrongful death, property damage or economic loss, we strive to bring justice to clients harmed by manufacturers.
Our Proven Record
Rochon Genova LLP's product liability lawyers approach these cases with passion and thoroughness. We investigate the claim, retain experts to advise on the cause of the damage, identify the responsible parties and consider the likelihood of success in obtaining compensation for our clients.
Types of product liability claims include:
- Deficient product design at any stage of the design process
- Negligent or deficient manufacture or use of defective materials
- Failure to warn or insufficient warning of possible risks and hazards
- Failure to carry out recalls of dangerous or defective products
- Misrepresentation as to the benefits of a product
Our lawyers have decades of experience and success, often against large, powerful corporations. We have pursued cases against major players such as:
- Toyota for defective vehicles
- Pfizer and Merck Frosst for dangerous drugs
- Maple Leaf Foods, on behalf of victims of a Listeria outbreak
- AMO and Abbott Laboratories, for contact lens care solution causing devastating eye infections and blindness
Contact Rochon Genova LLP
If you have been harmed by defective or bad product design, manufacturing mistakes, or injured due to a defective product, including defective drugs or medical devices, call Rochon Genova at 416-548-9874 or send us an email to set up a free consultation. We serve clients throughout Canada. We are based in the Greater Toronto Area.