Peter Jervis is senior counsel at Rochon Genova LLP. His practice primarily involves securities litigation, class action litigation, complex commercial and financial litigation, and constitutional and administrative law litigation.
He has argued cases and advised clients nationally and has appeared before arbitration panels, administrative tribunals, and trial and appellate courts across the country including multiple appearances at the Supreme Court of Canada. Mr. Jervis has also practiced before the securities commissions of a number of provinces and has worked with US counsel on complex, cross-border litigation. He has also acted as counsel on a number of class proceedings dealing with primary and secondary market liability for nondisclosure of material information by public issuers of securities.
He is consistently recognized by Lexpert and other publications as a "Repeatedly Recommended" lawyer in Securities and Class Actions, and commercial litigation. He has been recognized in Chambers Global as a leading Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution counsel.
He was educated at the University of Toronto, Cambridge University and Queen's University and has a masters degree in law from Osgoode Hall Law School. He lectures frequently in matters dealing with securities litigation and class action litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Securities Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Complex Commercial and Financial Litigation
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Litigation
- Ontario, 1983
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- LL.M. - 1990
- Queen's University, Faculty of Law, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- LL.B. - 1981
- The University of Toronto
- B.A. - 1976
- Cambridge University, England
- M.A. - 1978
- "Cross-border Litigation on the Upswing", The Lawyers Weekly, January 29, 2009
- Mr. Jervis has written and lectured regularly on the topics of securities, class action litigation and constitutional litigation
Honors and Awards
- Named in Chambers Global 2004, 2005 as one the Leading Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Counsel in Canada
- Named by Lexpert 2005 as a leading Class Action and Public Law counsel
- Regular lecturer on securities law, class actions and constitutional law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Advocates' Society, Past Director
- Ontario Bar Association, Member and Past Section Chair
- Canadian Bar Association-Ontario, Constitutional Law/Civil Liberties Section - Past Chair