Sakie Tambakos is senior associate with the firm. Sakie specializes in civil litigation, with a primary emphasis on class action law. He joined Rochon Genova in 2001 as a Legal Research Assistant, subsequently articled at the firm and joined the firm as a lawyer in 2003.
Sakie attended York University, where he was awarded an Entrance Scholarship and named to the Faculty of Arts Academia Achievement List. He received his LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2002, and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2003.
Sakie has acted as counsel and has appeared at all levels of Ontario courts on several of the firm's ground breaking class action cases, including: Wilson v. Servier Canada (diet drug litigation), Nortel Securities Litigation, Dell Inspiron Laptop Litigation, Market Timing Litigation and CIBC Subprime Securities Litigation. He has co-authored several class action articles, including:
- Class Actions in Canada, AAJ Annual Convention 2005
- Ontario Class Action Developments, The Canadian Institute, The 6th Annual National Forum on Litigating Class Actions
- The Latest in Canadian Drug Products Liability Cases, Insight Information, Drug Safety, St. Andrew's Club and Conference Centre, Toronto
Sakie is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, the Advocates' Society and the Sports Lawyers Association.
Sakie is a passionate sports' fan, enjoys travelling, and reading historical fiction. Sakie is a proud father of his beautiful twins, Christian and Gabriella. He is fluent in English and Greek.
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions
- Ontario, 2003
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- LL.B. - 2002
- York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Honors and Awards
- York University - Faculty of Arts Academia Achievement List
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Bar Association
- Hellenic-Canadian Lawyer Association
- Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History
- Advocates Society