Any injury to the spinal cord may result in widespread damage, as the spinal cord controls the nerves and muscles that support the rest of the body. These injuries can have a profound impact on your life, limiting your mobility and preventing you from living life on your own terms.
Back injuries can vary tremendously in terms of seriousness, from temporary pain and mild whiplash to complete paralysis. The effects can include:
- Pain, from mild and resolvable to chronic and debilitating
- Numbness and tingling
- Involuntary muscle contractions
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia, depending on the location of the spinal injury
- Inability to function as before
- Phantom limb pains
Helping You Cope
The lawyers at Rochon Genova can help you get compensation by way of accident benefits or through a tort claim for:
- Loss of income, for time off work
- Loss of future income, if you have become partially or completely disabled
- Rehabilitation, which may be painful and expensive
- Loss of independence
- Need for personal care
- Pain and suffering
- Depression, anxiety and other psychological injuries
Your family members may also be entitled to claim benefits under the Family Law Act for expenses they have incurred, as well as for loss of guidance, care and companionship due to your disability.
Contact Rochon Genova LLP
Call Rochon Genova at 416-548-9874 or send us an email to set up a free consultation. We serve clients with back and spinal injuries in the Greater Toronto Area and throughout Ontario.