Golnaz’s practice focuses on complex multi-plaintiff and class actions. She has experience in cases involving mass torts and industrial disasters, institutional abuse, professional liability, pharmaceutical and product liability, securities misrepresentation and consumer protection.
Golnaz has represented clients in motions, applications, trials and appeals. She has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada.
Golnaz is committed to pro bono practice. She has worked extensively with the Innocence Project on matters relating to wrongful convictions, including Albon v. Attorney General, which recognized, for the first time, a Charter-based duty of post-conviction disclosure.
Golnaz is the coach for the Osgoode Hall Law School team in the Warren K. Winkler Class Actions Moot. She has previously sat on the Executive of the Advocates’ Society’s Class Actions Practice Group and on the Executive of the Canadian Bar Association’s Constitutional and Human Rights Law Section.
Prior to joining Rochon Genova, Golnaz completed a clerkship at the Superior Court of Justice in Toronto. She was also a legal intern at the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, where she worked on Charter issues relating to fundamental freedoms, police accountability and privacy rights.
Golnaz holds a dual degree in common law and civil law from McGill University. While in law school, she developed a new curriculum on the rights and reintegration of child soldiers, and was selected to speak at the National Council of Women of Canada’s roundtable at the 55th United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
Prior to attending law school, Golnaz obtained an Honours Bachelor of Arts with High Distinction from the University of Toronto, where she graduated with the Ethics, Society and Law Prize for highest standing in the program and received several awards for academic achievement.
Golnaz leads the firm’s student recruitment. Inquiries and applications should be sent to [email protected]
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Ontario, 2015
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- McGill University, Faculty of Law, Montreal, Canada
- LL.B. / B.C.L., 2014
- Charles University, Faculty of Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- Academic Exchange Program, 2013
- Enrolled in LL.M. Course
- University of Toronto, Trinity College, Toronto, Canada
- Hons. B.A. with High Distinction, 2010
- Majors in Ethics, Society & Law and English
- Golnaz is Fluent in Farsi and proficient in French
- Class Actions
- Personal Injury
- Accident Benefits And Tort Claims
- Back And Spinal Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Commercial Vehicles And Public Transportation
- Depression, PTSD
- Disability Claims, Denial Of Insurance
- Facebook plays a growing role in many personal injury cases
- Head And Brain Injuries
- Major Insurance Claims
- Motorcycle Accidents And Amputation
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Occupier’s Liability
- Pedestrian And Bicycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Aviation Law
- Breach of Privacy
- Commercial Litigation
- Sexual Abuse/Sexual Assault
- Indigenous Rights
- Employment Litigation