Toronto Lawyers For Motorcycle Accident And Amputation
Motorcyclists face a greater danger on the road than other drivers. Other drivers often do not see motorcycles, and may change lanes without checking their blind spots or go through intersections without regard to motorcyclists. Because motorcycles are associated with recklessness, any witnesses to an accident may be inclined to assume that the accident is the biker’s fault regardless of the facts.
For this reason, it’s important for us to gather information quickly if you are in an accident. We will:
- Examine police reports from the accident
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Speak to witnesses
- Investigate all circumstances of the crash
Harm To Motorcyclists
Motorcycle accident injuries are usually more severe than injuries from other motor vehicle accidents. Amputations and severe trauma to the head and spinal column are more frequent, and catastrophic injuries are not uncommon.
You may suffer many expenses after a motorcycle accident, including:
- Costs of hospitalization, medication and rehabilitation
- Costs of caring for your house or loved ones
- Loss of income, including future income if you become partially or completely disabled
- Costs of modifications to your house or car
- In cases of amputation, the expense of artificial limbs, rehabilitation and repeated surgeries
With the help of medical professionals, we will help you quantify and get compensation for these and other expenses. Regardless of who is at fault, you should be able to access accident benefits from your insurance company. If the other driver is at fault, you may be able to pursue a tort claim against him or her for further compensation.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you with both types of claims and deal with any complications or disputes that arise, especially if your claims are rejected. We will keep in contact with you to inform you of the progress of your claims and to keep track of your situation and your needs.