Ukraine International Airlines Flight No. PS752
In the midst of an international crisis between Iran and the United States, Ukraine International Airlines Flight No. PS752 departed from Tehran’s Imam Khomeini International Airport on January 8, 2020 at 6:12a.m. As it was ascending minutes after takeoff, the Boeing 737-800 was impacted by two missiles fired by the Iranian Military and crashed outside of Tehran. All 176 passengers and nine crew members on board died.
We have been retained by over 190 family members of approximately 60 passengers of Flight No. PS752, all of whom had connections to Canada. The passengers, for whose many family members we act, were Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, international students, individuals holding work permits and visitors.
Legal Proceedings Against the Airline:
To ensure the consideration of the individual circumstances of each passenger and family, we are proceeding by way of mass tort actions against the airline. Rochon Genova LLP is working closely with experts with extensive expertise in liability and damages to ensure that all losses are fully examined and duly accounted for. In addition, we provide the following services to our clients:
- Advance Payments: the airline is offering €21,000.00 per deceased passenger to the immediate family members as advance payments under the Montreal Convention. We are assisting our clients, free of charge, to obtain this advance payment.
- Accidental Death Insurance Claims: many passengers purchased insurance prior to travel or purchased their tickets with credit cards that have access to accidental death insurance. We are assisting our clients with the submission and dispute of any insurance claims, wherever necessary. We are assisting our clients, free of charge, to submit these claims. If the claims are denied, as many insurers have decided to do, we are retained to pursue the life insurance benefits on behalf of the estates.
- Lost Baggage Claims: The airline has offered compensation to the impacted families for lost baggage and belongings of their loved ones. We are assisting our clients, free of charge, with the submission of lost baggage claims.
- Immigration: Many of our clients and their families have suffered challenging and dangerous circumstances in Iran. We are assisting our clients with their immigration and refugee claims to ensure a safe and expedient transition to a new life in Canada.
- Estate Matters: Most of our clients have required the assistance of estates lawyers in order to obtain certificates of appointment of estate trustees. We are helping those clients with securing the appropriate professionals to streamline the process.
If you have lost a loved one or are seeking more information regarding Flight No. PS752, please contact:
- January 14, 2020: Iran plane crash: What we know about flight PS752
- April 16, 2020: Canada, Ukraine rejects report Iran seeking legal immunity for fatal plane crash
- June 16, 2020: Iranian officials ‘looted’ cellphones, rings, passports of plane crash victims, Canadian relatives say
- July 20, 2020: Iran controls black boxes data from Ukraine crash downloaded in Paris: TSB chair
- July 24, 2020: Iran’s destruction of plane carrying Canadians was ‘illegal,’ says Ukraine
- October 28, 2020: Family members of PS752 victims report receiving threats for speaking out against Iranian regime
- December 11, 2020: PS752 downing – Suspects may face up to three years in Iran prison
- December 15, 2020: Goodale’s report on Flight PS752 tragedy says Iran should not be ‘investigating itself’
- December 21, 2020: Canada trying to exploit the grief of Flight 752 victims’ families, Iran says
- December 23, 2020: ICAO holds session on Ukrainian plane incident
- December 30, 2020: Iran allocates $150K US payments to families of Ukraine crash victims
- January 4, 2021: Families of downed Ukrainian flight 752 victims struggle with loss a year later
- January 5, 2021: Iran’s draft report on crash causes handed to Ukraine
- January 7, 2021: Goodale rejects Iran’s offer to compensate Canadian victims of downed Ukraine plane
- January 8, 2021: Family members of victims killed when Iran downed Flight 752 will be allowed to get permanent residency
- February 9, 2021: Secret recording suggests Iranian official concedes truth about downing of Flight PS752 may never be revealed
- February 23, 2021: UN experts probing destruction of Flight PS752 accuse Iran of breaking international law
- March 18, 2021: Flight PS752 shot down after being ‘misidentified’ as ‘hostile target,’ Iran’s final report says