Class Action Lawsuits
Individuals who suffer physical injury or economic harm deserve compensation. But getting justice is difficult, expensive and intimidating. Powerful organizations know this. Often, it is only by joining together many individual claims that an action can succeed.
That’s where we come in.
We have a team of exceptional class action lawyers committed to providing access to justice for victims of corporate wrongdoing and institutional abuse.
Even Playing Field
Powerful organizations should not escape accountability simply because going to court is too costly for individual victims. By grouping individual claims together, class actions put individuals on an even playing field with large corporations, help victims get compensation, and discourage corporations from future wrongdoing.
In a class action, class members do not have to pay out-of-pocket legal fees. Lawyers’ fees are usually collected as a percentage of any successful settlement or judgment, and are always subject to court approval.
Our lawyers handle a variety of cases, including those involving:
- Product liability for defective or ineffective products
- Defective medical devices, which can cause serious physical injury in the very patients they are supposed to help
- Defective medication, including dangerous drugs and drugs that are ineffective
- Consumer class actions, in which products do not deliver what customers have paid for
- Telecommunications and social media cases involving consumer and privacy issues against telecommunication corporations
- Price fixing, for victims of pricing arrangements by corporations or groups that artificially increase prices for certain goods
- Breach of Privacy, for deliberate or inadvertent disclosure of personal information and other security breaches
- Hospital and nursing home outbreaks, in which institutions endanger the already fragile health of their patients
- Mass accidents and environmental disasters including plane crashes, train derailments and other accidents or disasters with multiple victims
- Securities litigation, including liability for nondisclosure of material information by public issuers of securities
- Institutional abuse, representing individuals against institutions such as residential schools or psychiatric hospitals
Our lawyers have the experience, ability and resources required to effectively pursue justice.
Contact Rochon | Genova LLP
If you have been harmed by the actions of a corporation or organization and believe there may be others in the same situation, call Rochon Genova at 416-548-9874 or send us an email to set up a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, and across Canada.